Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s COVID-19 mitigation efforts are challenged by attorneys in court. Now, one of those attorneys is also challenging the governor’s claims that business prohibitions work to slow the spread of the virus. Last week, Governor Pritzker’s administration said the relaxation of mitigation efforts Friday in the Metro East St. Louis region was because of “proven and targeted mitigation efforts.”
“We are excited to see that after weeks of mitigation measures and sacrifice, Region 4 has reduced its positivity rate and can return to Phase 4,” Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike said. “It takes communities working together to reduce the spread of the virus and lower the positivity rate. I want to thank Region 4 for its hard work to decrease the risk for all of Illinois.”
Attorney Thomas DeVore has challenged the governor’s unilateral orders in court. He told WMAY that the claims are not true. “Down here in Region 4, I promise you, I was here, I go to all these counties, I worked in these counties, the overwhelming majority of the small business owners did not close down,” DeVore said. “The governor doesn’t want you to know that. He won’t tell you that. But that’s the truth because I am here. And I can tell you in Region 1, it’s the same thing.”
Region 1 is still facing prohibition orders. DeVore challenged whether there are county-level health emergencies. He is expected to be in a Springfield court Wednesday for a hearing about those cases. He warned people who say a case has been decided when a judge denies a temporary restraining order, as has happened with cases across Illinois.
Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson’s trip to Rome to visit the Pope is drawing renewed attention to ongoing public safety concerns…
The Milwaukee Brewers will have an opportunity to climb into first place in the National League Central when they continue…
Chicago Public Schools has lost nearly one-fifth of its student population over the past decade, even as the Chicago Teachers…
An Indian student was killed, and several others were injured, following a late-night two-vehicle crash near Chicago, according to Indiana…
Boeing could secure its largest Chinese aircraft deal in years after U.S. President Donald Trump announced that China plans to…
Chicago Fire FC announced Thursday that its Nov. 7 home match against the Columbus Crew will be relocated from Soldier…
This website uses cookies.