Categories: Chicago

Chicago manufacturing company’s operators charged with hiring undocumented workers

The operators of a company based in suburban Chicago has been charged with hiring undocumented workers in a federal court. The operators allegedly hired the workers knowingly. Four operators of a company, KSO MetalFab Inc, have been charged and a criminal complaint has been filed against them in US District Court in Chicago.

KSO MetalFab Inc. is a sheet metal fabrication company based in Streamwood, Illinois. The charged operators face one count of knowingly harboring an illegal alien charge and one count of knowingly engaging in a practice of hiring illegal aliens charge. The names of the operators are Dora Kuzelka, Kenneth Kuzelka, Kari Kuzelka, and Keith Kuzelka. According to the criminal complaint, they hired 18 illegal workers at the company.

The criminal complaint stated that Keith Kuzelka left the company last year while the other three operators were working at the company on the position of executive management. Dora, Kenneth, and Kari were arrested by the police this morning. Keith Kuzelka surrendered to the authorities later. The court ordered the release of the defendants this afternoon on the base of the bonds. Sheila M. Finnegan, a US Magistrate Judge, set the date of status hearing of the case as 29th of Oct., 2019.

According to the indictment, the Homeland Security Investigations’ Chicago office audited the company in 2017 and found the suspected documents submitted by the workers. The documents of the 36 out of 67 workers were suspicious, according to the HIS’s report. The HIS issued a notice to the company about the suspected violation. The company responded to the notice and said that it had removed all 36 workers who were found undocumented.

The company rehired 18 of the terminated workers by utilizing a staffing agency, according to the allegations. The workers were sent to the staffing agency by the KSO MetalFab so that they could return after the audit. An alleged person is innocent until he is proven guilty in court.

Ivan Cease

Senior editor of the Chicago Morning Star

Recent Posts

Brewers eye NL Central lead against Cubs

The Milwaukee Brewers will have an opportunity to climb into first place in the National League Central when they continue…

22 hours ago

CPS enrollment falls as CTU membership grows

Chicago Public Schools has lost nearly one-fifth of its student population over the past decade, even as the Chicago Teachers…

23 hours ago

Indian student killed in crash near Chicago

An Indian student was killed, and several others were injured, following a late-night two-vehicle crash near Chicago, according to Indiana…

2 days ago

Trump says China to order 200 Boeing jets

Boeing could secure its largest Chinese aircraft deal in years after U.S. President Donald Trump announced that China plans to…

4 days ago

Chicago Fire move Crew match to SeatGeek Stadium

Chicago Fire FC announced Thursday that its Nov. 7 home match against the Columbus Crew will be relocated from Soldier…

4 days ago

FIFA unveils World Cup final halftime show

The 2026 FIFA World Cup final will introduce a major entertainment addition inspired by the NFL, with FIFA confirming plans…

5 days ago

This website uses cookies.