Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) has announced the projects selected as finalists in the 2020 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards. The selected projects are:
- AIRE Ancient Baths Chicago, The Structural Group
- The Old Chicago Post Office, WSP USA
- Roselle Road Pedestrian Bridge, Ciorba Group, Inc.
- Dream Catcher, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- CTA Belmont Gateway Canopy, Cast Connex
- One Thousand Museum, DeSimone Consulting Engineers
- Columbia College Chicago Student Center, Rockey Structures, LLC
- Chase Center, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- Tower 12, Cary Kopczynski & Company
- Willis Tower Repositioning, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- 727 W Madison, WSP USA
- Winona Bridge Rehabilitation and Reconstruction, Michael Baker International
- University of Maryland College Park, Cole Field House Renovation and Reconstruction, CannonDesign
- Expo 2020 Dubai Al Wasl Trellis, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- Richard J. Daley College Pedestrian Bridge, CannonDesign
- 100 Mount St, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Cloud Buster, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- TH 53 Rouchleau Mine Bridge, Parsons
“In light of the uncertainty and ‘new normal’ the COVID-19 response has created in the built world, we were pleasantly surprised with the number of qualified project submissions we received this year,” SEAOI presidentChristine Freisinger said in a statement.
He added, “The SEAOI Board and staff are looking forward to opening up our most popular dinner meeting of the year as a free virtual event, and we’re excited to celebrate the finalists and announce the category winners during our virtual Annual Awards event at the end of June.”