Categories: USA

Justin Bieber files $20 million lawsuit after assault claims

Justin Bieber is suing two women for defamation after accusations were made of sexual assault. Last week, two Twitter accounts claimed alleged to have happened in 2014 and 2015. Bieber had denied the claims He vowed to speak to Twitter to urge the social media giant to take legal action. The 26-year old singer has filed a $20 million lawsuit.

The lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles on Thursday which describes the allegations as “fabricated lies”. An account from a woman known only as Danielle claimed she was assaulted by Bieber at a hotel in Austin, Texas on 9 March 2014. She claims after a surprise performance in front of a crowd at a bar, Bieber invited her and two friends to a Four Seasons hotel.

Danielle claims she was assaulted as she was taken to a private room in the hotel. Her tweets have been deleted from the platform. However, screenshots are circulating on social media. Bieber responded to the claims with screenshots of his own. He showed images from articles from the day the alleged assault took place, which shows him with his then-girlfriend Selena Gomez.

Bieber said he didn’t stay at the Four Seasons Hotel. Bieber had shared a screenshot of a tweet that claimed he was spotted at a restaurant inside a Four Seasons Hotel on 10 March, the day after the alleged assault. The lawsuit said, “Even though Bieber went to the restaurant, he did NOT stay at the Four Seasons Hotel.”

Another woman identifying herself as Kadi alleged on Twitter that in May 2015, she was sexually assaulted by Bieber in a New York hotel. The lawsuit rejects her accusation and that she is fabricating the allegation “out of her desire for fame and attention”. It claims the women are “trying to capitalize on the climate of fear permeating the entertainment industry, Hollywood and corporate America, whereby it is open season for anyone to make any claim (no matter how vile, unsupported, and provably false) about anyone without consequence”.

Gabriella Remillard

Staff writer for the Chicago Morning Star

Recent Posts

Johnson Rome trip draws scrutiny amid CTA crime

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson’s trip to Rome to visit the Pope is drawing renewed attention to ongoing public safety concerns…

20 hours ago

Brewers eye NL Central lead against Cubs

The Milwaukee Brewers will have an opportunity to climb into first place in the National League Central when they continue…

2 days ago

CPS enrollment falls as CTU membership grows

Chicago Public Schools has lost nearly one-fifth of its student population over the past decade, even as the Chicago Teachers…

2 days ago

Indian student killed in crash near Chicago

An Indian student was killed, and several others were injured, following a late-night two-vehicle crash near Chicago, according to Indiana…

3 days ago

Trump says China to order 200 Boeing jets

Boeing could secure its largest Chinese aircraft deal in years after U.S. President Donald Trump announced that China plans to…

5 days ago

Chicago Fire move Crew match to SeatGeek Stadium

Chicago Fire FC announced Thursday that its Nov. 7 home match against the Columbus Crew will be relocated from Soldier…

5 days ago

This website uses cookies.