Justin Bieber is suing two women for defamation after accusations were made of sexual assault. Last week, two Twitter accounts claimed alleged to have happened in 2014 and 2015. Bieber had denied the claims He vowed to speak to Twitter to urge the social media giant to take legal action. The 26-year old singer has filed a $20 million lawsuit.
The lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles on Thursday which describes the allegations as “fabricated lies”. An account from a woman known only as Danielle claimed she was assaulted by Bieber at a hotel in Austin, Texas on 9 March 2014. She claims after a surprise performance in front of a crowd at a bar, Bieber invited her and two friends to a Four Seasons hotel.
Danielle claims she was assaulted as she was taken to a private room in the hotel. Her tweets have been deleted from the platform. However, screenshots are circulating on social media. Bieber responded to the claims with screenshots of his own. He showed images from articles from the day the alleged assault took place, which shows him with his then-girlfriend Selena Gomez.
Bieber said he didn’t stay at the Four Seasons Hotel. Bieber had shared a screenshot of a tweet that claimed he was spotted at a restaurant inside a Four Seasons Hotel on 10 March, the day after the alleged assault. The lawsuit said, “Even though Bieber went to the restaurant, he did NOT stay at the Four Seasons Hotel.”
Another woman identifying herself as Kadi alleged on Twitter that in May 2015, she was sexually assaulted by Bieber in a New York hotel. The lawsuit rejects her accusation and that she is fabricating the allegation “out of her desire for fame and attention”. It claims the women are “trying to capitalize on the climate of fear permeating the entertainment industry, Hollywood and corporate America, whereby it is open season for anyone to make any claim (no matter how vile, unsupported, and provably false) about anyone without consequence”.