Chicagoans stuck indoors due to Chemical spill
There is bad news for the people of suburban Chicago residents.
There has been a chemical spill which is forcing the people to stay indoors.
There is a toxic gas cloud in the area and authorities are giving out warnings to the people.
The authorities are urging the people of suburban Chicago to stay indoors and close their windows as due to the chemical spill, toxic gas clouds have been surrounding the area.
The chemical spill occurred early in the morning on Thursday. The Lake County Sheriff’s Office has reported that the spill occurred around before 5 a.m.
The chemical is hazardous and a dangerous cloud cover has formed due to it.
The toxic gas cloud is around a 1-milee radius of Green Bay Road and the 29th Street in the north suburban community.
The chemical has been identified. The sheriff’s department says that the spill appears to be anhydrous ammonia.
The authorities have given precautions to the people. They have said that the residents of the area should stay indoors and keep their windows closed. They should do so until the authorities respond to the spill.
The chemical is dangerous and it has a lot of effects on a person’s health.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have said that anhydrous ammonia is a colorless gas. This gas can create a lot of problems including difficulty in breathing, burns, blisters and it could even lead to death if it is consumed or inhaled in higher concentrations.
The authorities have given no details about how the chemical spill has occurred. There are also no details about which company was carrying the chemicals.
The authorities are at the moment trying to respond to the chemical spill and the safety of the people is the top priority.
Further details will be shared after the investigation by the authorities.