CNL Projects and Terrain Exhibitions launch ART-IN-PLACE initiative

CNL Projects and Terrain Exhibitions launch ART-IN-PLACE initiative

The artists and the art world players are going through a hard time as they are unable to hold larger public gatherings to show their arts. However, they have started to think differently in this regard. The organizers of a new art initiative have already found a way to connect with the public by using a global reach.

However, the organizers and based outside of Chicago but they have a global reach. CNL Projects and Terrain Exhibition announced a new initiative, ART-IN-PLACE, John Paulett, an author, and Sabina Ott, a late artist, founded Terrain Exhibitions, a nonprofit organization, based in Oak Park Illinois. Cortney Lederer founded CNL Projects in 2006.

The organizers of ART-IN-PLACE said that more than 275 artists were participating in the project. Some of these artists belong to Peru, Israel, India, Canada, Japan, and Berlin). The organizers are busy uploading the pictures, details, and websites of the participating artists on the platform. They will release a live map next weekend.

The idea of developing a platform to connect the artists with the customers came from the trend of artists using mail to send artworks to anyone that asked. Some of the artists are also using Instagram as a platform to share their generous offers with the public. The CNL officials said, “We received about five different artworks in the mail within a couple of weeks.” They think that art is the best way to connect people in the time of social separation.

The visitors of the platform will be able to purchase the collectables, editions, and original works of the participating artists by clicking their images. The artist will receive 80% of every sale while the remaining 20% will go to the Arts for Illinois Relief Fund. The Fund is created to provide financial aid to the workers of the creative industries impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. The revenue generated from postcards will also go to support the Fund.

Staff writer for the Chicago Morning Star

Related Posts
Public connects with Evanston’s Outdoor Art through the Big Picture Mural Hunt
Art Encounter is a non-profit arts education organization. It is devoted to helping people engage
2020 A Tale of Today: Emerging Artists Fellowship announced
The Richard H. Driehaus Museum announced the four artists who will receive its 2020 A
Art Alliance Illinois Updates on State Funding for the Arts
The state of Illinois is moving to Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois plan for
Leadership Transition at Chicago Artists Coalition
Chicago Artists Coalition (CAC) today announced that current CAC’s director of exhibitions and residences, Teresa
Hyde Park Art Center launches special COVID-19 edition of artist-patron matchmaking endeavor
The Hyde Park Art Center (HPAC) relaunches its artist-patron matchmaking program every three years. It
SAIC Awarding Honorary Doctorates to Three Living Members of AFRICOBRA
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago is awarding honorary doctorates to the three
NADA announces fully online endeavor named FAIR
NADA shared their plans related to a fully online and digital endeavor after the cancellation
EXPO CHICAGO dates shifted from September 2020 to April 2021
The International Exposition of Contemporary and Modern Art, EXPO CHICAGO, made an important announcement today
Chicago Arts Groups & #GivngTuesdayNow
Every year, #GivingTuesday comes around the holiday shopping and donation season gets underway. This time,
Myriam Ben Salah announced as Executive Director and Chief Curator
The Renaissance Society at the University of Chicago has announced the decision of appointing Myriam