Chicago boy saves 13 people by warning them at the right time

Chicago boy saves 13 people by warning them at the right time

The fire alarms of the home apparently malfunctioned. A boy, five-year-old, warned the more than a dozen people to get out of the home when he smelled smoke. Jayden Espinosa was staying at her aunt’s home where the fire broke at about 4 am.

The fire broke in the early morning when everyone was sleeping in the 5000 block of South Marshfield in the Back of the Yards neighborhood. Espinosa’s mother and the fire officials said, “The boy was staying at his aunt’s home with his two sisters.” Everyone at the home was sleeping at that time except the boy. The boy said, “I smelled the smoke and I got up and went outside”. He rushed towards her aunt to get her up.

He ran and told everyone in the house to get out of the home. He was asked by the media personnel that how did he know what to do in that situation, he replied, “I knew that because I am a smart boy.” He also called himself ‘Brilliant’. It was a duplex home and the neighbors were also sleeping. His brilliance pushed him to reach them and get them up from the sleep.

The boy ran downstairs and warned the neighbors to get up and save their lives from the fire. Chicago Fire Department said, “The brilliance of the young boy saved the life of 13 people.” 13 people escaped the burning house at the right time. The fire alarms did not ring due to some technical failures. Jayden was not sleeping at that time and he smelled the smoke.

The young Jayden is a real hero who saved the lives of more than a dozen people. The relevant authorities are still finding the cause of the fire. Jayden’s aunt and her family have been facilitated by The American Red Cross. Jayden called himself brilliant and smart. His mother told the media that Jayden was staying with his cousins at his aunt’s place. The house was a duplex and he knew that the neighbors would also be harmed by the fire. He ran down and told them about the fire as well.

Managing editor of the Chicago Morning Star

Related Posts
Residential fire in the 1800 block of 77th Street, Naperville Fire Department Responds
The Naperville’s Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) received a 911 call at 2:14 p.m. on
Naperville PSAP responds to residential fire in Olympus Drive
The Public Safety Answering Point of Naperville received a call related to the residential fire
Naperville 911 (PSAP) extinguishes fire in single-family home in Proud Clarion Court
The Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) of Naperville received an alarm about the fire in
Fire at Dengeos Restaurant on Dundee Rd Near Old Buffalo Grove Rd, Buffalo Grove
Police and firefighter/paramedics from Buffalo Grove responded about 9:13 p.m. Sunday January 5, 2020 to
Naperville Firefighters Battle Structure Fire on 1200 Block of Andria Court
At 7:29 p.m. on Tuesday Dec. 31, 2019, Naperville’s Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) received
Several people die in two factory fire incidents in Bangladesh in one week
The fire broke into two factories in the Ghazipur district of Bangladesh in the span
Fire in Showplace drive
Naperville, IL – On Nov. 26, there was a fire at a commercial building located
Firefighters extinguish attic fire in condominium building in Palatine
A fire broke into the 3-story condominium building on Nov. 1, 2019. The Palatine and
Fire in an apartment on Chicago Far South Side injured 4 people
A mother and her three children got burnt due to the fire at her apartment
Old Gately’s Peoples Store in Roseland gets Destroyed by Extra-alarm Fire
It was a devastating Friday morning for once popular Gately’s People Store located in Chicago’s