Donald Trump orders correspondents’ dinner boycott

Donald Trump orders correspondents’ dinner boycott

Rena Schild / Shutterstock.com

Donald Trump given strict orders to the staff and administration to boycott the correspondents’ dinner event.

He has called the event as boring and negative. He has announced a campaign rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

The event is the White House Correspondents’ Association annual dinner which is scheduled to be held on Saturday.

The decision against the Correspondents’ dinner comes after another tirade against the media by the President on Tuesday.

He also announced that he would boycott the event again. This is the third consecutive time he will be missing the event.

He has labelled the star-studded night as boring and negative. He said he would instead go to a ‘Make America Great Again’ rally which will be held in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

But he will not be the only one boycotting the event. He has ordered his staff and administration to also boycott the event.

Reuters report that Cabinet Secretary Bill McGinley announced the decision of the President to the White House staff during the morning meeting.

This comes as a shock to everyone as majority of them had already accepted the invitation.

The history of White House Correspondents’ Association dinner goes back to 1914, the year in which the association was founded. The Presidents of the country attends this occasion on most times.

This dinner is held so the association can raise money for scholarships and recognize the media personal who protects the freedom of the press.

There was a lot absents from the White House in 2017 but last year many people from the administration took part in the event.

The association’s president Olivier Knox has said in a statement that they are looking forward to having an amazing night.

Donald Trump had mocked the dinner during Barrack Obama’s reign and has been adamant on criticizing the media calling their reporting as fake news.

Senior writer at the Chicago Morning Star

Related Posts
POTUS promotes hydroxychloroquine as coronavirus treatment once again
The efficacy of the hydroxychloroquine has been disputed by several trials so far. However, President
Operation Legend Expanded to Chicago
United States Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois John R. Lausch Jr, today joined
Violence Continues in Chicago
On Tuesday, 15 people were sent to the hospital as a mass shooting occurred in
Biden says Trump is first racist president of America
Joe Biden, the former vice-president of the US, said on Wednesday, “Trump is the country’s
Chuck Woolery says his son infected by coronavirus
Chuck Woolery, a former Love Connection host, said that his son contracted the coronavirus. A
Joe Biden Vows to Reverse President’s WHO Decision
US Democratic challenger Joe Biden has said if he wins November’s election, he will reverse
Trump pulling US out of World Health Organization
President Donald Trump had previously announced that US will be withdrawing from the World Health
Vandals burn statue of Melania Trump in Slovenia on July 4
The statue of Melania Trump, the First Lady of the United States of America, has
Seattle’s Protest “Autonomous Zone” Cleared
For weeks, Seattle officials have been scratching their heads of what to do about a
Trump’s Approval Lowers as U.S. Sees Record New Coronavirus cases
United States sees the highest number of new Coronavirus since the height of the pandemic