Effective Monday, January 25, 2021, Joliet City Hall will reopen to the public for in-person business. The decision to reopen is in response to Region 7’s (Will & Kankakee Counties) advancement to Tier 1 mitigation measures. Located on Des Plaines St., the west entrance will be the only entry and exit of the building.
Go to Meeting Schedule & Procedures webpage for more information to public meeting attendance and participation. Go to Illinois Department of Public Health website for more information about which tier and phase regions are in. Visit Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity Restore Illinois if you are a business owner seeking guidance for reopening, etc.
The following are some of the changes in Tier 1
- Bars and restaurants closing time will be 11 pm. They will not reopen before 6 am the following day.
- 25 guests or 25% capacity per room for indoor service.
- All bar and restaurants patrons will be seated. Bar stools will be removed.
- Reservations required for each party. No dancing or standing indoors.
- For social events and gatherings, the capacity is limited to 25%. This doesn’t apply to in-person classroom learning.
- All Sport Guidelines determine sports activities.
- Face covering is must for all fitness centers.