Jussie Smollett Frees from all charges against him, Cook County court says
The case has been dismissed and sealed by the Cook County’s Attorney Kim Foxx. Jussie Smollett is free of all 16 counts of charges against him. Jussie said after the dismissal of case, “I would not be son of my mother if a charge had been proven against me”. Chicago Persecutors dropped all charges against Smollett on Tuesday.
Smollett told reporter, “I was truthful since the first day of this case”. He thanked the supporters who continuously backed him throughout this case. He added, “I want to move on with my life”. A source has revealed that eighty percent of the evidences shared with public in this case. Rahm Emanuel, Chicago Mayor, criticized the prosecutors by saying, “It is a whitewash of Justice”. He added, “Is there accountability in this system? If yes, then where?”.
Smollett’s attorney told court that Smollett was hurt by the unwarranted accusations filed against him. He added, “Smollett was attacked by two unidentified persons on January 29 who beat him and yelled racial slurs”. Smollett reported the incident to the Police about the attack on him near his home in Chicago.
Police investigated this case as a hate crime but later they said that Smollett paid the two men for attacking him for getting fame. This case got huge reputation in the Chicago and it became the headlines of many newspapers. Now, the case has been closed and all charges against the Jussie Smollett have been cleared. A mix response has been noticed on the decision of the case.
Smollett is quite optimistic after the case and he is ready to move on. He thanked his supporter as well who backed him and trusted him. He said that he was truthful and he believed in the justice and justice prevailed. He was quite happy after the decision of the case. Some people are showing concerns about the unveiling of the evidences in front of the public.
Photo Eugene Powers / Shutterstock.com